Welcome E.M. Tippetts with 5 Facts about Love in Darkness!! Thanks for stopping by random today!
FIVE FACTS ABOUT LOVE IN DARKNESS (PART 1)
By E.M. Tippetts
1) This sequel to Castles on the Sand can be read as a standalone. Most of the plot of the first book is distilled into the opening chapters of Love in Darkness.
2) Every disability featured in this book is one I’ve got personal experience with, though the characters don’t resemble the real life people I know with these disabilities at all. I featured these disabilities as a tribute to the amazing people I’ve met in my life who refuse to let their conditions define them, and their caregivers and family members. The one exception is Alex’s schizophrenia. I’m sure I know someone with the disorder (it affects 1% of the population, so we all do) but no one’s ever made it known to me, and for good reason. There’s a strong stigma against psychotic disorders.
3) To research Alex’s schizophrenia I did everything from read medical journals to consult several people with personal experience with the disorder. One of them was a former mental health counselor turned bestselling author, A. Meredith Walters.
4) Alex’s job, as a respite care provider for the disabled, is a real job that often has a lot of openings. People who have disabled family members rely on respite care workers to look after their loved ones and give the family a “respite.”
5) Officer Li was Alex Katsumoto’s nemesis when Alex was growing up. As the town’s only cop, he was the one called to slap cuffs on Alex whenever he was caught drinking underage, vandalizing property, and trespassing. However when Officer Li’s son starts to exhibit inexplicable behaviors, he’s got no one to turn to other than Alex.
Love in Darkness
by E.M. Tippetts
Alex had everything when he was with Madison. But the darkness within him wouldn't go away. After two years apart, he returns to Pelican Bluffs and to the girl he never wanted to leave.
Madison wants to give their love another chance, but Alex can't fight fate. He is what he is. Ruined. Crazy like his mother. And Madison deserves so much more. When his secrets spill out into their small town, Alex has a choice to make. Hide away in the darkness forever, or let love in.
Title: Love in Darkness (Shattered Castles, #2)
Author: E.M. Tippetts
Release date: May 21, 2013
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tour organized by: AToMR Tours
Buy Links - Love in Darkness
Book Info - Castles on the Sand
If there’s one thing Madison Lukas understands, it’s pain. The pain she feels when her mother ignores her completely. The pain her best friend endures as her parents starve her as punishment. The pain of a dangerous boy whose mother has to be carried away by law enforcement on a regular basis.
She gets it. She feels the pain of others as if it were her own.
But when a mysterious man claiming to be her long lost brother appears with promises of relieving her suffering, trusting him could reveal more truths than Madison is ready for. Because the truth can hurt, too.
Buy Links - Castles on the Sand
About the Author
Emily Mah Tippetts writes romance under the name E.M. Tippetts and science fiction and fantasy under the name Emily Mah. Originally from New Mexico, she now lives in London with her family. Before she was a published author, she was an attorney who specialized in real estate, contracts, and estate planning, especially literary estate planning.
Author Social Media Links
(5) Print Copies of Love in Darkness
(Approx. value = $60 USD)
You can follow the tour to see reviews, guest posts, and excerpts by clicking the AToMR button below.
until next time,